Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 9

Didn't do much today on the tablet. Did do some settings changes in aldiko and made the font much smaller; we'll see how it how it goes. I was getting annoyed at the constant page turning.

I also watched the swype keyboard tutorial. I should have RTFM in the first place; it tips me how to fix a lot of the things I was having troubles with like double letters and spaces. I still don't know how to add my own words. embarrassingly I kept failing that part of the tutorial and because it was a series of "tips", I couldn't get back and read the dang instructions again. Sigh. Bad UI.

1 comment:

  1. A friend asked me to help him understand his GenTouch Android Tablet. From the looks of the Samsung I've seen, you could have done much worse. The AuGen droidlet itself was incomprehensible and the help booklet that came with was written in English by Germans who were translating the Chinese.

    On the plus side, the help desk was staffed by friendly Caribbean types who would not get rattled no matter what--though it helped that their hours were 10am - 4 pm Eastern. They were supposedly in Miami, but given the background on this tablet, my guess is that the help center was in Havana.

    ReplyDelete