Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 3

Today I started using the word processor which comes pre-loaded onto the Galaxy. I linked up my Google Docs and DropBox accounts and was able to open and access materials from those sources, as well as make new documents.

There is a lot of legalistic loophole language used in the Help files which come with the applications loaded onto the tab. A quick read of the help file implied that one must purchase an add-on to the word processor to create new files. A more close read and some random clicking on "+" buttons in the file view proved that one can make new documents using only the factory-installed application (I assume the purchased add-on makes this easier?). However, saving a new file to a location of your choice is a beastly operation which involves catching and clicking on a box which appears for .3 seconds. Perhaps they could write an app for saving files-- I'd pay for that.

I still can't make my keyboard-slide-finger work. Goal for tomorrow is to figure that out, and install some apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment